A Zambezi River Lodge
The only Hotel in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe situated on the banks of the Zambezi Rive
The Four Star A Zambezi River Lodge was completely refurbished in 2011
at a cost of US$4.5 million, the biggest investment of its kind in Victoria
Falls in the last 10 years. The hotel is owned and managed by the
Rainbow Tourism Group (RTG) who also own the Rainbow Hotel in Victoria Falls and many other hotels throughout Zimbabwe.
The A Zambezi River Lodge is located right on the banks of the Zambezi River about 5kms out of the town and 6kms from the Victoria Falls entrance gate.
A hotel shuttle bus goes into the town every 2 hours so even though you are a little way out of town it does not prove
to be a problem.
No other hotel in Zimbabwe has this situation on the river and it’s truly lovely
On arrival an impressive water feature and teak covered walkway lead you through to the reception whereupon your eyes are treated to a wide view of the Zambezi River. Setting the mood and scene for this great hotel.
The thatched double story A Zambezi River Lodge is set in well maintained gardens with sweeping lawns down to the river. The sparkling swimming pool finished in chip tile is very inviting.
Warthogs can be seen roaming the lawns and a local resident hippo comes up most nights from the river to graze.
All rooms have been finished to a very high standard with all the latest mod cons. Highly efficient air-conditioners cool your room in minutes which is very welcome in the very hot summer months. The beds are very comfortable and everything is clean and new. The attractive neutral decor is very appealing.
The lodge is also the closest hotel to the gates of the Zambezi National Park.
It’s an excellent family hotel with a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and is an ideal location to spend a few days in Victoria Falls.
• Location on the Zambezi River
• Closest hotel to the gates of the Zambezi National Park
• Refurbished to a high standard
• 83 en-suite air conditioned double rooms with balcony/terrace
• 2 inter-leading family rooms
• 2 Suites
• Room safes
• Bar fridge in each room
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Colour flat screen TV with Satellite channels
• Swimming pool
• Poolside bar
• Free shuttle service to town and the Falls
• Conference Facilities
• Onsite restaurant as well as room service
• The wooden decked and thatched Amulonga Restaurant overlooking the river is a great place to enjoy your meals whilst staying at the hotel (watch out for the monkeys!).
• Every night the hotel has traditional musicians and dancers around a huge outdoor fire – next to the Amulonga restaurant
• The restaurant has a buffet dinner but an a la carte menu is available on request. Mostly traditional western dishes but there is also a selection of local dishes like warthog and crocodile tail for you to sample.
• Snacks and cold drinks can be enjoyed in the open bar area or around the swimming pool.