Guests on the Chobe Princesses can expect a flexible and personalised safari experience on small but luxurious houseboat, enjoying 50km of the Chobe River with views of the African wild
With only a small number of guests per boat and no set itinerary or departure dates, staying in one of the three Chobe Princesses is like being on your very own luxury houseboat. The entire boat can also be booked exclusively, giving you your very own private villa on the water. As you drift down the Chobe River and spot incredible wildlife scenes, you’ll be able to completely relax in an intimate river safari experience.
Each houseboat has a minimum of three smaller “tender” boats for use on daily excursions that take your fancy: mark off over 450 bird species found in this wetland paradise, try your hand at landing a tiger fish, or capture Africa’s unique beauty on a photographic safari. Whatever you choose to do, your day trips will be personal and flexible because you’ll be sharing the tender boats with a small number of guests. Alternatively, simply laze on a deck chair with an ice-cold drink in hand as you soak up the tranquility that surrounds you.
Each cabin on board the Chobe Princesses is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style, and each has its own private view onto the ever-changing landscapes beyond. As you lie on your king-sized bed, spot an elephant grazing on the riverbank nearby, or see a fish eagle diving for its prey. On the upper entertainment deck, a spacious lounge and bar area encourages you to take time out while there’s also a plunge pool that’s perfect for a refreshing dip. After a day spent doing as you please, fall asleep with the calls of hyena or even a lion drifting through the open doors of your cabin.
As you lie in bed and drink in your striking surroundings, you’ll find it very hard to leave the comfort of your cabin on board one of our luxury Chobe Princess houseboats. Tasteful decor cleverly combines local flavour with contemporary design, and the overall focal point is the large sliding window that frames the changing African landscapes perfectly.
Two of the 18-metre Chobe Princesses contain four cabin suites, while the third is slightly larger with five suites. Each cabin sleeps two people – either in a king-sized bed, or in two single beds if you prefer. Along with air-conditioning, cabins are fitted with mosquito-proofed windows and en-suite bathrooms with a shower, toilet and basin. Luxurious toiletries are provided for your comfort, as well as insect
repellent for a peaceful night’s sleep. Hairdryers are available on request.
Head to the upper entertainment deck of your luxury houseboat and relax in the spacious lounge and bar, as you take time to simply sit back and soak up the scenery. This deck also has an open-air dining area where you can enjoy superb seasonal meals prepared by experienced chefs.
Want to cool off? Take a dip in the plunge pool before unwinding on a sun lounger with an ice-cold drink served all day from our bar. Our lounge area comes with oversized leather couches, tables and chairs that are the perfect place from which to enjoy a spot of game viewing or simply to spend time with family and friends. As night draws in, enjoy some unforgettable stargazing under a vast African sky.
A major feature of the Chobe National Park is the elephants, whose resident population is estimated to be over 120 000. You’ll also be able to see large herds of buffalo, and if you’re lucky, rare sightings like herds of Roan Antelope and Sable. Besides the land and water-based mammals, this is also a birdwatcher’s paradise and you can expect to encounter over 450 species.
Because the Chobe Princesses are smaller vessels, they traverse about 50km of the Chobe River, as opposed to the Zambezi Queen, which traverses a shorter distance of about 25 kilometres. This doesn’t mean that either one is a better or worse game viewing experience – it’s just that the pace at which you move is different. Each day, you’ll stop at different mooring spots in the afternoon where you’ll stay for the night.
Several environmentally friendly standards have been set on the
Chobe Princesses. They run the latest, most fuel efficient and lowest emission generators during the day. After 22h00, the entire boat switches over to the battery power through the night. Hot water is provided by a solar heating system on-board the vessel and energy-saving lights are installed through the vessel. All cleaning detergents and amenities on the houseboats are biodegradable, and they use an eight-stage river water purification plant for water in showers, taps and the pool. A water jet propulsion system replaces the conventional propeller system causing no damage to the riverbed and/or fauna and flora.
• No set itinerary or departure dates
• Daily excursions possible with three
tender boats for each houseboat
• Comfortable, luxurious and tastefully
decorated cabins in contemporary style
• Only a few rooms per houseboat
• Set on the Chobe River in an area with excellent game viewing and vast bird
• Entertainment deck
with lounge, dining area and bar
Environmentally friendly houseboats
Accommodation Aboard the Chobe Princesses
• Two of the Chobe Princesses have four cabin suites while one houseboat has five
• King beds are the standard, although twin options are available at time of booking
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathroom with toilet, wash basins, and shower
• Air conditioning
• Mosquito proof windows
• Large sliding windows with river views
• Hair dryers (on request)
• Guest amenities, including mosquito repellent
• Excellent location on the Chobe River, home to great game and birding
• Luxury facilities
• Great rates that are fully inclusive
• Small, intimate houseboats provide privacy
• A set dining area on the middle deck of the houseboat is where meals are served
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner are inclusive in the rate
• High tea is not at a set time, but tea and coffee making facilities, and snacks are available throughout the day
Facilities and Services
• Common area with lounge, bar and dining room
• Plunge pool on the entertainment deck with views of the Chobe wilderness
• Tea and coffee making facilities available throughout the day in the lounge area
• Semi-covered deck with sun loungers on the second level
• Three tender boats for each houseboat available for activities
• 220V electricity powered by generators and battery
• Activities: Game viewing by river safari; Fishing; Birding; Photo safaris (am and pm); Cultural excursions to a Namibian village
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• All meals, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee & tea, ciders, beers & house wine throughout your stay on the Chobe Princesses
• All fuel and equipment hire (e.g. fishing rods, lures, etc)
• All fishing licenses
• Road Transfers to & from Kasane Airport to Kasane Immigration Office on the Botswana side of the Chobe River
• Boat transfers between Kasane Immigration Office in Botswana and Namibia Immigration Office
• Boat transfers between Namibia Immigration Office and the Chobe Princess
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• Air tickets and visa costs
• Travel insurance
• Evacuation cover
• Alcoholic beverages (such as gin, rum, brandy, whisky, dessert wines & sparkling wines)
• Additional transfers to/from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia or any of the Kasane Lodges
• A land-based 4×4 game viewing in Botswana’s Chobe National Park
• Children of all ages are welcome
• Only one child under the age of 7 can share a suite with two adults (subject to availability)
• Children 13 years and older are considered adults and will be charged the adult rate
• There are no special activities or meals for children