Kenya and Tanzania Biking Safari – 16 Days & 15 Nights exploring including deserts, mountains, rain-forest, tropical coastline and more!
Duration: 16 Days and 15 Nights
Price: Please Contact us about the price of this Itinerary
Details: Kenya and Tanzania
Travel at the pace of Africa on this 16 day mountain bike adventure. Experience the culture, wildlife and landscapes of an amazing continent.
Dar es Salaam to Nairobi or Nairobi to Dar es Salaam
Most people believe that the only way to see Africa is by vehicle. We know from experience that after a couple of days biking with us you will realize that this is the only way to truly appreciate this magnificent continent.
On our 16 day biking adventure we travel from Nairobi in Kenya through Tanzania to Dar es Salaam on the Indian Ocean coast; or the reverse (see itineraries below). Biking far from busy roads and main tourist routes you will experience a different face of Africa – local villages and traditional tribesmen, breathtaking scenery and wildlife grazing on the plains. We travel through open Savannah, desert, mountain rain-forest and tropical coastline. We follow the foothills of Mt Kilimanjaro with its snow-covered peaks and camp in the wilderness under a cloudless African sky.
We take a break from our bikes to view Amboseli National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, which hosts the largest concentration of plains game anywhere in the world and gives you the wildlife experience that East Africa is famous for.
Enjoy a day hike and visit a local school in the unspoiled Usambara Mountains. Biking through the Usambara Mountains and down to the tropical coastal forest and villages brings us finally to Dar es Salaam, “Haven of Peace”.
Some people choose to extend their trip and follow with a trek of Mt Kilimanjaro or experience the culture and buzz of Zanzibar Island. Either of which we can help you to arrange.
16 Days Adventure Biking and Game parks, Nairobi to Dar es Salaam or Dar es Salaam to Nairobi.
• 11-13 days biking including 90% dirt roads ranging from rough and rocky to mud, dust and paved. Some off road biking experience is preferred. From 25km to 90km per day, 100% vehicle supported.
• 2 Game parks, Amboseli National Park (Kenya) and Ngorongoro Crater (Tanzania) included.
• Group size minimum 4, maximum 10 plus Group leaders and other staff.
• Accommodation is twin share, 1 night in a hotel and 14 nights camping. (Upgrades to rooms are available at some campsites at your own expense).
Food includes 3 meals per day from dinner on Day-1 to breakfast Day-16. This excludes 2 lunches and 2 evening meals which are at your own expense to give you the opportunity to experience local cuisine.
DEPARTURE DATES FOR 2016
• Sat June 26th 2016: Nairobi to Dar es Salaam.
• Sat July 17th 2016: Dar es Salaam to Nairobi.
• Sat Aug 21st 2016: Nairobi to Dar es Salaam.
• Sat Oct 16th 2016: Dar es Salaam to Nairobi.
• Prices include transport, meals, accommodation and activities for the duration of the trip as per detailed itinerary.
• Prices do NOT include airfares, visas, airport taxes, optional meals activities and excursions, vaccinations and personal equipment.
LOCAL PAYMENT is a part of your trip cost and is payable at the beginning of your trip to your tour leader at the pre-departure meeting on your arrival in Africa, rather than at the time of invoicing. (See Pre-departure Information).
Nairobi to Dar es Salaam
Day 1 – Arrive in Nairobi.
Day 2 – Biking across open savannah.
Day 3-4 – Bike to Amboseli National Park.
Day 5 – Game viewing, bike to Maasai Village.
Day 6 – Bike to Tanzanian border.
Day 7 – Bike to Arusha.
Day 8 – Biking into the Great Rift Valley.
Day 9 – Game drive in Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 10 – Transfer west, pm bike to secluded river campsite.
Day 11-13 – Bike and explore the Usambara Mountains, plus school visit.
Day 14 – Bike to the Indian Ocean coast.
Day 15 – Bike to Dar es Salaam.
Day 16 – Fly out or relax by the ocean.
Dar es Salaam to Nairobi
Day 1 – Arrive in Dar es Salaam.
Day 2 – Bike to Bagamoyo.
Day 3 – Bike inland towards the Maasai Steppe.
Day 4-6 – Bike and explore the Usambara Mountains, plus school visit.
Day 7 – Morning ride, pm transfer to Arusha.
Day 8-9 – Biking into the Great Rift Valley.
Day 10 – Game drive in Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 11 – Transfer to Kenya boarder, bike to Maasai Village.
Day 12 – Bike to Amboseli National Park, pm game viewing.
Day 13 – Morning game viewing, biking across rolling bush land.
Day 14 – Biking across open savannah.
Day 15 – Morning bike and transfer to Nairobi.
Day 16 – Fly out.