Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge
Clean and comfortable, medium budget accommodation with a variety of options from camping to executive suites, right on the banks of the Zambezi River
On the Zambian side of the Zambezi River, about 4km upstream of the Victoria Falls, the largest waterfall in the world, is the Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge. This reasonably priced lodge with a range of accommodation options is built on the banks of the Zambezi River and has lovely views of Siloka Island. The Waterfront Lodge is only 9kms by road from the Falls and 5kms from Livingstone town. Transfers can easily be arranged between the lodge and Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) or Livingstone Airport, taxis are also readily available.
There are a few accommodation options at Waterfront Lodge which include, camping and tents, standard, riverside, executive and family thatched chalets. All the family and executive rooms are on the upper floor while the standard and riverside rooms are on the ground level. Riverside and executive rooms have views of the Zambezi River while the rest have views of the gardens. At the back of the property is the Adventure Village, designed for self-drive campers and over-landers. Guests in this area share simple and clean ablution facilities. The campsite and permanent tents have views of the gardens only.
The Waterfront Lodge boasts lush green gardens where some wild animals occasionally wander freely, so always keep a watchful eye out for hippos, monkeys and other animals.
The large central dining and bar area of the lodge offers lovely open views of the Zambezi River in a relaxed and friendly environment. Being such a great venue this is a popular spot for the locals and can on occasions get very festive.
To cool off in the hot summer months, guests can take a dip in the large swimming pool near the Adventure Village campsite or in the smaller plunge pool set on the raised deck by the main bar and dining area.
The Waterfront Lodge is good accommodation at a reasonable price, and so is ideal for families and travellers on a medium budget. In its price range we highly rate this lodge. Its position on the banks of the river is very appealing and being not too far from either the Falls or Livingstone town, getting around by taxi or transfer is quite easy, however please note it’s not within normal walking distance of either.
The riverside and executive rooms have lovely views of the river and the overall standard of accommodation is clean and comfortable and in line with the price being charged.
The central dining and bar area is what makes the Waterfront Lodge a great choice with great views plus a friendly and vibrant atmosphere.
For self-drive and campers this is probably your best option in Livingstone, with nicely laid out campsites and clean ablutions, however it is set back from the river so only has garden views.
• Zambian accommodation 4km upstream of the Victoria Falls
• Lovely location on the banks of the Zambezi River
• 9km by road from the Falls themselves (Zambia)
• 5km from Livingstone town
• Accommodation is camping, tents or thatched double storey chalets with varying rooms in each
• Green and lush tropical gardens with lots of birdlife
• Covered and outside restaurant and bar
• Popular bar which attracts local and international tourists
• Lodge owns two cruise boats with daily sunset cruises
• Ideal for self-drive, over-land, couples, groups and families on a tighter budget
Accommodation at Victoria Falls Waterfront
Double story thatched chalets have:
• 3 Executive rooms – double bed, private mini lounge, upper floor, river views, sleeps 2
• 4 Family rooms – double bed + 2 single beds, upper floor, garden views, sleeps 4
• 10 River view rooms – twin single beds, garden views, sleeps 2
• 6 Riverside rooms – river views, twin single beds, sleeps 2
• 16 Adventure Village Rooms
• 20 Adventure Villge Tents
Adventure Village has:
• Camping – electrified sites, shared ablutions for up to 100 guests
• 24 Tents – permanent lockup dome tents, 2 beds, shared ablutions
All chalet rooms have:
• Private balcony/patio
• En-suite facilities
• Either views of the river or the gardens
• Air conditioner
• Tea/coffee facilities
• Mosquito nets
• Right by the Zambezi River with great river views
• Affordable, yet clean and comfortable
• Variety of accommodation options
• Relatively central location in “Livingstone town terms”
• Nice dining and bar area, very popular with locals
• Lush gardens with plenty of birdlife
• Best option in Livingstone for campers
• Restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner – indoors or outdoors
• Bar (riverside open-air beer garden)
• Sandwiches and snack available throughout the day
Facilities and Services
• Curio Shop
• Laundry service (surcharge)
• Activities office
• Secure parking
Credit card facilities
• 24 hour security
• Safes in the chalets (not in campsite)
• Barbecue facilities
• Raised deck with plunge pool by the bar
• Larger swimming pool by the camp site
• Internet cafe and wireless internet
• TV Lounge and lively bar
• Complimentary shuttle between the lodge, Livingstone town and the
• Nearby activities include: Game drives through the Mosi oa Tunya National Park; Daily river cruises on the MV Makumbi; Chief Mukuni Village tour; Tour of Livingstone including the Livingstone and Railway Museums; Curio / Craft markets visit; Other Victoria Falls activities
• Mosi oa Tunya National Park fees to be paid per person per day
• Airport transfers
• Children are welcome and must be in their parent’s company at all times.
• Family rooms are available at Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge.