Waterberry Zambezi Lodge
A simple, intimate and charming lodge on the Zambezi River shoreline, far from the crowds but near enough to enjoy other activities offered in Livingstone and Victoria Falls
Waterberry Zambezi Lodge is a charming private lodge situated by the Zambezi River bank on the Zambian side of the river. Its location is on Old Constania Farm on Nakatindi Road, about 35km from the Victoria Falls park entrance on the Zambian side, and 30 minutes from Livingstone Town. Transfers are provided by the lodge to and from the Livingstone Airport.
Waterberry Zambezi Lodge has seven thatched cottages scattered within the complex with a main double storey lodge which faces the river. Each of the rooms has a name of a different bird and either faces the mighty Zambezi River or the small private lake at Waterberry Zambezi Lodge. The lake is home to various species of birds and wildlife including crocodiles and hippo. All rooms at the lodge have a private deck with wooden chairs and table, ideal for sundowners, relaxation, bird watching, or a private dinner which the lodge can arrange for guests.
Beautiful, luscious green lawns bring the lodge to life along with different animals and birds which can be spotted on the lodge grounds. Near the main lodge is a clear blue swimming pool with a small plunge pool safe for the younger guests. For relaxation in the main area of the complex, Waterberry Zambezi Lodge offers a floating deck with a view of the river, pontoons located right on the river banks, lounging on the terrace and lounge of the main lodge. Meals are simple, but a pleasure with a few dining options to choose from, from al fresco to picnics to bush dinners.
Guests are welcome to take a nature walk around the lodge and to the private lake. Other activities at the Waterberry Zambezi Lodge include half day fishing trips by boat with guides, fishing on the pontoon, all day and sunset boat cruises, picnics on the island on the Zambezi River, guided birding excursions, cultural visits to the nearby village, Livingstone Town tours, and tour of the largest waterfall in the world.
All in all, the Waterberry Zambezi Lodge is a great place for those who want to get away and not be too far out – it is not far from town, but not close enough to experience the hustle and bustle of Livingstone and Victoria Falls towns. On a Fully Inclusive basis, which is what most guests usually chose, the lodge offers plenty at a reasonable price. Guests may opt for the Bed and Breakfast rates which excludes activities and the other meals. Waterberry Zambezi Lodge staff is well versed in the area, activities and are there to offer advice whenever it is needed. Information booklets and an orientation are given when you get to the lodge.
Family vacations are ideal in this location, although safety is a bit of a concern since there is no fencing around the swimming pool, and animals (elephants, hippo, etc) do come and graze on the Waterberry Zambezi Lodge grounds. Be sure to bring comfortable shoes and clothes for excursions, and warm jackets especially for the early morning activities. Although there is electricity and a backup generator, you may want to bring a flash light and extra batteries as there are frequent power cuts in the area. In the summer months, loose clothing, lip balm, sun hats, sun screen, sun glasses and swimming attire are essential for your trip. The Zambezi is generally Malaria zone, so make sure you have taken preventative measures, and protect yourself with insect repellent and long sleeves in the evenings especially. Travel and health insurance is also a must.
• Private secluded lodge upstream from the Victoria Falls along the Zambezi River
• 35 km from Victoria Falls on the Zambian side of the border
• 30 minutes from Livingstone Town, transfers are provided
• Private dam home to several birds and animals
• Thatched cottages surrounding the main lodge and swimming pool
• Several areas for relaxation around the lodge, and for activities as well
• Good for family vacations – children are welcome
Accommodation at Waterberry Zambezi Lodge
• 7 thatched cottages either facing the river or the private lake
• Single, double and twin rooms
All rooms have:
• En suite bathroom
• Private terrace with table and chairs for relaxing or dining
• Mosquito nets
• Overhead fan
• Air conditioning
• Side tables and chest for extra storage
• Small safe
• Bath robes
• Hair dryer
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Activities inclusive for Fully Inclusive rates
• 3 Meals inclusive
• Private, spacious and in close proximity to Zambezi River
• Only 30 minutes from Livingstone town, transfers are provided
• 35km from Victoria Falls, transfers are provided
• Private dam gives guests opportunity to view birds and animals
• Great for couples, families or groups
• Dining room in main lodge
• Al fresco on the terrace by the main lodge
• Bush dinners
• Private dinners can be arranged on the cottage terrace
• Tea, coffee and cookies are available all day in the main lodge
• Packed lunch for activities outside the lodge
Facilities and Services
• 220V electricity and backup generator
• Double-storey main lodge with lounge, dining room and bar
• Outside fire pit
• Floating deck near the river
• Laundry service
• Friendly guides and staff
• Credit card facility
• Wireless internet and mobile phone coverage
• Swimming pool
• Waterberry Zambezi Lodge Activities: Half day fishing trips by motor boat; Fishing by the river bank; Nature walks; Birding; Morning, daytime and sunset boat cruises on the Zambezi River; Picnics on nearby island; Visits to local village by boat; Victoria Falls trips (Zambian side only); Livingstone Town tours
• Rates are either Fully Inclusive (only excluding drinks) or Bed and Breakfast
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• Road transfer from Livingstone Airport
• 3 meals, tea, coffee, snacks and local beverages
• Waterberry Zambezi Lodge activities detailed above
• Laundry service
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• Imported Drinks
• Children are allowed. Extra caution is called for as swimming pool and area in front of the river is not fenced. There are animals that come to graze on the lodge grounds so keep a watchful eye.
• Children 12 and below pay 50% of adult rate and share room with adult.