Moored on the northern banks of the Chobe River, the Zambezi Queen offers luxury sailing – traversing 25km of the river in unsurpassed elegance and comfort … a unique African river safari
Moving along the banks of the great Chobe River, Zambezi Queen is a 5-star, 42-metre long luxury houseboat offering unparalleled sophistication in one of the most remote locations on the planet. Best of all, as a guest on the vessel, you can enjoy a truly unique and adventurous river safari holiday while still being surrounded by complete comfort and elegance.
Each of the 14 suites on the vessel features air-conditioning and your own private balcony, where you can enjoy unobstructed views of the Chobe River and African landscape beyond. Wake up to the sight of an elephant drinking from the river, or watch a fish eagle take flight – all from the comfort of your own luxurious bed.
Unlike a land-based lodge, Zambezi Queen navigates roughly 25km of the Chobe River, allowing you to explore different vantage points and enjoy unparalleled game viewing. In fact, the banks of the Chobe River boast one of the densest populations of elephant on the African continent. The Chobe National Park on one side of the river is also home to a large number of buffalo, leopard and lion, along with a variety of antelope and abundant birdlife.
Built in the early 1990s, Zambezi Queen was first designed to carry guests on extended journeys from Katima Mulilo down the Chobe and Zambezi rivers and back. However, the sheer size of the vessel made navigating difficult, and shortly after her inception, Zambezi Queen ended up moored along the river bank, eventually becoming a floating hotel to visitors to the Caprivi Region of Namibia. In 2014, Zambezi Queen was grouped with her three Chobe Princesses to form the Zambezi Queen Collection, a stable of luxury houseboats that capture the true spirit and adventure of Africa.
All suites within the Zambezi Queen come with en-suite bathrooms (shower only) and full length sliding shutters for both privacy and protection from the sun. Hairdryers, toiletries, gowns and slippers are provided for your comfort, while electronic safes in each room are ideal for storing your valuables. All suites accommodate two adults, and two of the larger standard suites can take a maximum of three adults. Suites can be configured with either one double or two single beds.
Several environmentally friendly standards have been set on the
Zambezi Queen. They run the latest, most fuel efficient and lowest emission
generators during the day. After 22h00, the entire boat switches over to the
battery power through the night. Hot water is provided by a solar heating system
on-board the vessel and energy-saving lights are installed through the vessel.
All cleaning detergents and amenities on the houseboats are biodegradable, and
they use an eight-stage river water purification plant for water in showers,
taps and the pool. A water jet propulsion system replaces the conventional
propeller system causing no damage to the riverbed and/or fauna and flora.
A stay on-board Zambezi Queen is a different kind of safari. It’s the kind where you get to decide if you want to be up with the birds, or prefer to laze all morning watching game from the comfort of your bed. The itinerary is flexible so while there are a range of activities on offer, you can choose just how much you want to pack into your holiday or how relaxed you want to be. The houseboat offers 2 and 3 night itineraries, as well as 4 night sailing dates in October and December.
• 5-star luxury houseboat which sails on the Chobe River
• Comfortable suites with views of the Chobe River and surrounding landscape
• Large herds of big game can be seen from the houseboat
• Used to carry guests from Katima Mulilo all the way down to the Zambezi River
• Part of a collection of houseboats which include three Chobe Princess vessels
• Eco-friendly houseboats
• 2, 3 and 4 night itineraries
Accommodation on the Zambezi Queen
• 14 suites in total with either a double bed or two single beds
• 10 standard suites – can accommodate 2 adults
• 4 master suites which are larger than the standard suites, and have larger balconies – can
accommodate up to 3 adults
• 2 of the rooms are triples, which can accommodate a third adult or child sharing with parents
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathroom with toilet, wash basins, and shower
• Air conditioning
• Standing fan
• Mosquito proof windows
• Large sliding doors in front and on the side
• Outer deck
• Hair dryers
• Electronic safe
• Guest amenities
• Excellent location on the Chobe River, with views of the Chobe National Park
• Luxury accommodation and facilities
• Great rates that are fully inclusive
• A set dining room on the upper deck of the houseboat is where meals are served.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner are inclusive in the rate.
• A bar is also on the upper deck. Local beverages are inclusive.
Facilities and Services
• Common area with lounge, bar and dining room
• Plunge pool on the upper entertainment deck with views of the Chobe wilderness
• The lower level contains a gift shop and a Guest Relations desk
• Limited wi-fi connection and Mobile access is available
• Tender boats for excursions
• Curio shop and reception in the lower deck
• There are two outside areas on the top deck, one aft which provides a shaded area with comfortable seating and the other on the
fore deck, including a pool and sun bathing area
• 220V electricity powered by generators and battery
• Activities: Game viewing by river safari; Tiger and Bream fishing in
season; Birding safaris; Cultural excursions to a Namibian village
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• Accommodation on board Zambezi Queen
• All meals, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee & tea, beer & wine throughout your stay
• Road Transfers to & from Kasane Airport and Kasane Immigration Office on the Botswana side of the Chobe River on Zambezi Queen Arrival & Zambezi Queen Departure Day
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• Air tickets
• Alcoholic beverages (such as bubbly, spirits & dessert wines)
• Additional transfers to/from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia of any of the Kasane Lodges
• A land-based half- day 4×4 game viewing in Botswana’s Chobe National Park (passport required). This game drive can only be done on the arrival or departure day depending on your arrangements
• Children 7 years of age and above are welcome
• Triple rooms are available for kids sharing with their parents (Max 1 child per suite) – a third single bed which can be used for either a 3rd Adult
or 1 child (aged 7 to 15 Years)
• One Child sharing with One Adult, Child receives a 20% discount off the applicable adult rate
• One Child sharing with Two Adults, Child receives a 50% discount off the applicable adult rate
• Children 16 years and above are considered adults
• There are no special activities or meals for children