Traveling to Tanzania
Tanzania requires filling out a Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form within 24 hours prior to arrival. Follow this link: https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/ (this site is currently under maintenance as of 29/April. If you encounter this message prior to travel, you do not need to fill out the form in advance of arrival.) Once completed the traveler will receive a completion notification containing their Unique Health Code (UHC) which they will present upon arriving. If arriving directly onto Zanzibar, please use this link instead.
- Fully Vaccinated Travelers are exempt from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Test requirements. Travelers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate with QR code for verification at initial departure airport and upon arrival. The only accepted vaccines are those which have been approved by the United Republic of Tanzania (URT) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- If your vaccine card does not have a QR code you can use a program such as VaxYesto get a digital version of your vaccination card with a QR code on your mobile device.
- Not Fully Vaccinated, unvaccinated and those not eligible for vaccination due to their country policywill be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR or NAATs certificate with QR code obtained within 72 hours before departure. Please be prepared to take a Rapid Antigen test ($10) upon arrival.
Your international airline may have pre-boarding testing requirements. Please study the requirements of your airline and international airport(s) carefully. Most of our guests transfer/travel through Amsterdam and currently if you do not leave the airport (Schiphol) then there are no Covid testing requirements.
Traveling in Tanzania
While traveling in Tanzania, standard Covid-19 protocols (masking, social distancing, and sanitizing) will be adhered to by your guide and those working in the tourism industry, while in public settings, airports/airplanes, and the common areas of accommodations. A full Team of Highpeaks Expeditions guides have been vaccinated against Covid-19.
Much of your time on safari will be socially distanced from other travelers and outside. However, if you plan to travel in a more populous area (city or town), we recommend being masked when social distancing cannot be maintained.
The government of Tanzania has no testing (or any other) requirements related to Covid for departing travelers. All departing travelers are advised to seek information prior to departure regarding COVID-19 requirements of their country of destination.
For travelers that need a PCR or Rapid Test in order to depart Tanzania, both tests are available. Please study the requirements of your final destination, airline and international airport(s) carefully. Covid-19 testing costs (PCR Test on Mainland Tanzania $50 pp / PCR Test on Zanzibar $80 pp / Rapid Test $10 pp) are the responsibility of the traveler. Facility fees may be applicable at some locations. As your tour operator, we will help coordinate proper test timing, location, and test payment.
Note for travelers returning to the United States:
As of 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight.
Rapid Test Procedures
- If you require a Rapid Test prior to boarding you need to arrive at your international airport of departure at least 3-4 hours prior to departure.
- All international airports (JRO, DAR and ZNZ) have Rapid Test capacity.
- Masks are required at testing sites
- Pre-registration is not required
- Payment of $10 can be made in cash on site
- Results are provided within 15 to 20 minutes of taking the test
- UPDATE: A negative COVID-19 test is not required for transiting passengers in Amsterdam (AMS) who do not leave the airport and whose connection time is within 1 day. However, it is strongly encouraged to use the Delta Discover Map to verify the entry requirements of your final destination, as your final destination may require you to have a negative COVID-19 test.
Plan Your Trip With Us!
There are many reasons to travel with us! We know that you have many choices for assistance in planning your trip to Africa, and we believe you will want to work with us for the following reasons.
Click on each item for more information:-
By limiting the scope of the destinations we offer, we guarantee a focus on what we know and what we do best. Our team’s mission is to work with each client or group in an individual way, not just take a pre-set package off the shelf
We encourage you to talk with us! We take the time to discuss your interests, travel style, budget, and timeframe – all the factors that can influence your trip – to ensure we suggest a tour that’s right for you.
There is no better substitute than first-hand knowledge when it comes to designing your tour. Our staff has traveled to over 100 different safari camps, lodges, and hotels throughout Africa. In addition, several of our staff have lived in Africa for many years, thus ensuring we can offer you a ‘real life’ perspective on the issues you need to consider in planning your trip.
Designing a safari can be a bit like completing a jigsaw puzzle! And that’s why you’ll find that our 10 years of collective experience in the tourism industry will be invaluable to you. We know the “ins and outs” – the detailed logistics – that can make all the difference in the success of your trip.
Our safaris draw on the resources of highly respected professional guides, incorporate the leading safari camps and lodges, and offer unique adventure and safari activities. All services, accommodations, ground operators and travel arrangements are continually monitored and evaluated, to ensure to the best of our ability that we are providing you with the quality of product and service you are looking for.
As our client testimonials will reveal, we strive for excellence in developing our client service skills. We strongly believe that a safari to Africa is truly a “trip of a lifetime” and the onus is on High Peaks Expeditions to make your dream a reality.
Through our Tanzania office, we continually have our ear to the ground, keeping up to date on what’s new and exciting in tourism development in the region, and in turn making these new offerings available to you.
We know that your time is valuable and we are committed to using it effectively. Therefore, our goal is a 24-hour response time to your inquiry. We continually update you on the status of your request, keeping you informed with keen attention to detail and efficiency – while retaining our creativity and flexibility.
Although travel to Africa is not inexpensive, we believe that our tours offer the best value for your money. We will always work with you to maximize your given budget, cutting corners without losing quality, or providing ‘extras’ to make your tour that much more unique.
www.highpeaks-expeditions is the source for information on travel to East, Central, and Southern Africa and we encourage you to use this website extensively in planning for your trip. Your feedback is important to us so please let us know what additional information you would like us to include.